Summer of 2019; Thailand

It’s always good to cherish the good memories we have and create in life, and when we create memories as a family, it always leaves a spot on our hearts. My last international tour to Thailand is something like that which I always crave to cherish.

In the summer of 2019, my parents and younger brother and I took a trip to Thailand, one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. I just came to my home (Bangladesh) from Canada, and I badly needed a break. So my parents planned a surprise tour for me. When we arrived in Bangkok, we went on a city tour and saw many gorgeous palaces, including the Grand Palace, Bangkok’s most famous palace and tourist destination. For years, it served as the royal residence, and it is still utilized for occasions and hosting leaders of the state. One unique aspect of this trip was that visitors were required to dress modestly while there, covering arms and legs and avoiding sloppy apparel. Another palace we saw was The Wat Pho. It is on the immediate south of the Grand Palace precinct. It is best known for the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, where we saw a gigantic statue. The day ended on a good note with those trips to beautiful palaces.

Grand Palace, Bangkok

Then we went to the famous Safari World, and it was surreal. It is home to exotic creatures, including lions, giraffes, zebras, antelopes, deer, tigers, and more. It was an exciting one-hour journey with the beautiful animals. We also travelled under the sea at Marine World and went boating along the Jungle Cruise River. We also saw many Safari World Bangkok shows such as Sea Lion Show, Orangutan Show, Cowboy Stunt Show, Elephant Show, Dolphin Show and Spy War. One thing I must add about Bangkok is it has the best nightlife. People are here and there doing stuff, partying, enjoying, shopping and whatnot. And obviously, I cannot forget to mention Pattaya-one of the most tourist attraction. We stayed there for two days and enjoyed roaming the street markets and street foods.

Thailand has a lot to offer that can’t be stated in words or a limited number of words. But I can tell that I have had one of the best experiences there and created so many exciting, jaw-dropping memories, which always make me smile whenever I recall those.

Pattaya Beach