Bangladesh – The Home of Nature, Culture & Hospitability

Exploring the world is always thrilling, but nothing compares to the feeling and satisfaction we get while exploring our own country. I am from Bangladesh, an eternally and naturally beautiful country from South Asia. I have covered almost all the places of my country within the shortest life I have lived so far. However, I must remark that it was a well-balanced mix of mountains, sea, rivers, fountains, forests, and other natural features.

I am going to start with Cox’s Bazar – the Largest Sea Beach in the whole world. The sea beach is one of the most visited places in Bangladesh. People from all over the world come and enjoy the purest cool breeze here and walk down through the longest sea beach in the world. So many people come here to take a break from their robotic lives and get their best satisfaction here. People are so enamoured with the food, culture, and language that practically everyone in Bangladesh visits this place many times. The beach gets crowded in times of Sunset and Sunrise. It looks so magical that no words can ever express that. Some sporting activities are also there to make the place more interesting; for instance, Parasailing, Speedboating, Beach soccer, Beach Volley Ball etc. I suggest every friend of mine from other countries visit Cox’s Bazar at least once in their lifetime.

I can tell you about so many beautiful places I have visited in Bangladesh. But with only a few words, I can only talk about some of them. Sylhet is one of them. It is naturally beautiful and covered with many high peak mountains and fountains such as Bichanakandi, Jaflong, Ratarful- The Swamp Forest, LalaKhal, Panthumai fountain. The exotic food and culture of Sylhet make it more desirable for tourists. Then I have to talk about Sundarbans- The largest mangrove forest in the world. This place is both tranquil and peaceful, as well as thrilling. It is an open forest with thousands of varieties of animals, birds, snakes and insects. I’ve seen some of the world’s rarest birds in the Sundarbans. But the centre of attraction of this forest is the world-famous Royal Bengal Tiger. We hired a boat for three days and went on every corner of the jungle possible but unfortunately could not find any. Some of my friends say we were fortunate not to encounter the ferocious tiger, but then again, I got my fingers crossed to see the most desirable attraction of that place. It is where I have found the eternal calm, which is why it is my particular favourite.

How can I forget to talk about Dinajpur – my hometown from my maternal side. I visit there quite often whenever I am there in Bangladesh. The place and the people there make me feel at home. We go there for family gatherings and picnics in Shopnopuri, a popular picnic place in Dinajpur. The village cakes, spice curry always make our mouth craving to visit there every time.

Bangladesh is full of beauty, nature, people, hospitality, smile, happiness, love, calmness and peace. It is not necessary to travel internationally to visit and enjoy locations all the time. One can enjoy and be like a tourist in their home country from time to time.